Fijian Faith-Based Organisations Issue Multi-Faith COP23 Charter
Supported by the COP23 Presidency Secretariat (“CPS”), a group of faith-based organisations in Fiji came together to draft and promulgate the COP23 Multi-Faith Charter, in which they commit to do more to help address the effects of climate change within their own faith communities, as well as make specific calls for increased ambition and action by Parties and non-state actors.
All men and women and groups of good will to endorse this statement.
Endorsement of the Multi-Faith Charter by Fijian faith-based organisations:
1. Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha’at-i-Islam (Lahore) Fiji
12 Bau Street, Flagstaff, Suva, Fiji.
P O Box 407, Suva, Fiji.
Fax: 679 3315994
2. INTERFAITH SEARCH FIJI
7 Thurston Street, Suva. G.P.O Box 963
Tel: +679 330 8346.
3. General Secretary
Arya Pratinidhi Sabha of Fiji
PO Box 4245
4. Methodist Church in Fiji
(President: Rev. Dr. Tevita Nawadra Banivanua)
5. Fiji Council of Churches
(Chair: Rev.Dr. T. N. Banivanua)
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Suva
- Anglican Diocese of Polynesia
- Salvation Army in Fiji
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
- Fiji Evangelical Fellowship
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Fiji
- Fiji Baptist Convention
- Fiji Community Churches of Christ
- Methodist Church in Fiji
- Congregational Christian Church of Samoa – Fiji