Collection of personal information from you
We collect personal information from individuals who provide us with information in connection with the COP23 Presidency. We collect this information when it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of the COP23 Presidency. We collect personal information about you, including, for example, your contact details (such as name, address, email, and phone number).
In particular, we collect personal information:
• when you submit information to us by applying to subscribe to our newsletters;
• when you use our website, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to our website, such as your IP address; and
• when you contact us (through our website, via email or phone) with queries or issues or request that we contact you.
If you do not provide us with all requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested information.
Using your personal information
Our main purposes in collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information about you are to:
• provide you with information and/or content;
• improve information and/or content, or our website;
• keep you informed about activities and/or content associated with the COP23 Presidency;
• respond to your queries, request and issues;
• facilitate access to and management of our website; and
• operate the COP23 Presidency and the Secretariat efficiently.
Disclosing your personal information
In order to run the COP23 Presidency and the Secretariat efficiently, improve and provide content to you, respond to your queries and/or send you information about future content and/or activities that you may be interested in, your personal information may be disclosed to service providers (e.g. independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, mail-houses and electronic database managers).
We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent, unless:
• the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
• we believe it necessary to provide you with content which you have requested or to otherwise implement the terms relating to our content; and/or
• we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Secretariat.
Access and accuracy
Upon request, we will provide you with access to personal information that we hold about you, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information. To request access to, or corrections of, your personal information, please email the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.