Talanoa Talks on Climate Change
Please join us for the Talanoa Talks on Climate Change on 29 November 2018 at The Royal Institution in London. For more details about this event, please click here.
About this Event
The Talanoa Dialogue’s purpose is to share stories, build empathy, and help leaders make wise decisions for the collective good. Join The Fijian Prime Minister – President of the COP23 Talks – for a London edition of the “Talanoa Talks”. On 29 November, on the eve of the world convening for major climate talks in Poland – COP24 – extraordinary speakers from all over the world will share their stories and discuss the way forward at the most pivotal time yet.
- Ellie Goulding, singer and songwriter
- Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama of Fiji, President of COP23
- Baroness Martha Lane Fox
- Dr. Maria Neira, Director, Public Health, Environmental and Social Determinants of Health, World Health Organisation
- Lucy Siegle, environmental journalist
- Constance Okollet, Chairperson of the Osukuru United Women Network and one of the founding members of Climate Wise Women
- Sony Kapoor, Director of Re-Define, Macroeconomist and entrepreneur
- Dr Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change & Development
- Samantha Smith, Director of the Just Transition Centre, an initiative of the International Trade Union Confederation and partners
- Dirk Forrister, CEO and President of the International Emissions Trading Association
- Kate Hampton, Chief Executive Officer, Child Investment Fund Foundation
There will be a pre-event drinks reception from 6.30pm. The talks start at 7pm.
Supported by the Government of Canada